Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Life Skills

Eric had an award ceremony today. As I was walking away from the school another mom from Eric's class asked if I was going to attend. I wasn't planning on it, since this was the first I heard about it! I'm glad my schedule is so flexible.

The ceremony was in the cafeteria with all of the 1st and 2nd graders. It didn't take long for Eric's class to get their turn. The teacher explained that all the kids would be receiving an award and what the categories were. I anxiously waited to hear Eric's name. She started with integrity and moved on to patience, friendship, courage, initiative, the list went on. I was beginning to wonder if she forgot about Eric. The very last award went to Eric for sense of humor! He was so excited!

I tried to stay until the end of the ceremony, I wanted to check out the 2nd grade teachers, but Lindsay had other plans. She had been very quiet and patient in her stroller, but enough was enough! I got her out and was occupying her curiosity. Unfortunately she is much faster than I am and while I was moving out of the way for another parent Lindsay turned the lights off! That was the end of the ceremony for us. We waited outside for Eric and he was happy to show off his sister for a minute. He was glad we saw him receive his award, even though he couldn't remember what it was for!

I'm just glad he is learning life skills, even if he doesn't remember what they are :)

1 comment:

JNSexton555 said...

Joey got the "Comedian" award for his 1st grade class awards! I wasn't surprised one bit! :) I think our boys would be fast friends! If you're in the South Bay between July 6th and July 28th, I'll be out there with Joey.