Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Teach Us

Eric gets to read for at least 20 minutes every night. He totally despises this task, but it has helped his reading immensely so I'm not complaining. Eric reads very well. There might be a word or two that he gets stuck on, but for the most part he flies right through the book... except when there are pictures to look at.

Tonight we read Teach Us, Amelia Bedilia. He was most of the way through the book when he commented, "This woman is out of control!" I was surprised at his response. I guess planting light bulbs was a little much for him.

Earlier we worked on Eric's Hundredville project. He chose to have a surf store which is named Eric's Cool Surf Shop. He is so excited about getting this project done and only wants to work on that until it is finished. I'm not as excited about the project, or the effort that is going into it. I like working in shifts and taking a little more time. I think this gives us time to make better plans and change what isn't working. Eric has different views.

Last night Eric colored the floor in black and red checkers. I was able to hold off on doing more until today since bedtime comes quick and I am a fan of getting kids to bed on time! Today we continued with finding some surfboards, people, posters and signs online. I got them printed out and Eric happily glued posters and signs on the walls. We are going to work on the surfboards and people tomorrow, I'm already tired!!

I'm glad that Eric has found something that he really enjoys. He is thrilled with how cool his shop looks so far and can't wait to add more to it tomorrow! I wish all his homework was this exciting for him... can we please do something about math?!?

1 comment:

cari said...

Porter is only in kindergarten and I am already dreading the projects that I know he will be coming home with!