Thursday, August 26, 2010

The best

Busy day!  More like tiring day.  We had an errand to run, so I packed a few more in.  I am beginning to think this is more torturous than good.

Courtney is great!  She just hangs out and lets me know she is hungry.  I hope she stays this easy.  Lindsay has turned into a monster.  She doesn't want to listen.  She seems to have forgotten all of her manners lately.  She pokes Courtney any chance she can; in the car, while she is rolling around on the floor, and even when she is trying to sleep.  Poor Courtney can only scream in retaliation... or so I thought.

This morning Lindsay was being nice and talking to Courtney.  She was making her laugh, it was so cute!  (I really need to get out the video camera for these tender moments, I'm figuring I will need to compile a movie for the girls when they are older and not getting along as well.)  Courtney is getting smarter than Lindsay!  She grabbed Lindsay's bow and wouldn't let go.  Lindsay just screamed for my help, "Courtney has my bow!!  Mommy, Courtney has my bow!  Courtney let go!  MOMMY!!"

I thought this was hysterical and didn't rush into help.  Lindsay finally pulled free and came to me slightly frazzled, hair askew and bow in hand.  "Mommy, Courtney pulled the bow out of my head!"  (Imagine sour puss face and sad/ stern voice.)  I fixed it and told her to keep her head away from Courtney's hands.  Someone choose not to listen and I started hearing screaming again a short time later.  Lindsay better watch out because Courtney is way smarter than her already!!  Luckily she seemed to have learned her lesson and kept her head away from death grip after that.

Lindsay isn't fond of many foods.  She does eat what is made for a meal or what she can get me to share with her, but when Justin is gone I'm horrible at making meals.  Lindsay's gets to choose between her favorite meals: oatmeal with sugar or beans (black or refried) with cheese and sour cream.  This evening it was oatmeal.  Its really like, "SUGAR!!"  I take that as, "Yes mom, I would like oatmeal."

Lindsay has been such a pill today that I just wanted her to eat and go to bed.  As I was unloading the dishwasher and watching her eat, she tells me, "This is really good mom."  I responded, "Why thank you Lindsay!"  She followed up with, "This oatmeal is amazing mommy."  If she continues on with these compliments my head might get really big!  I will keep her in the dark about the difficulty of this fabulous meal and the recipe will remain top secret, I don't want to lose my top position!

It was a nice way to finish the day.  I was not so thrilled with her before dinner.  But after receiving the best oatmeal in town compliment, I think we can start fresh again!  I love that girl!

No comments: