Saturday, May 1, 2010

Farm Girl

Lindsay is a lucky little lady, Kenna loves her and so do her four kids.  She gets invited to go hang out with them, especially right now while I'm relearning how to juggle a newborn.  Today they went to a local farm.

As we were getting Lindsay ready to go, I was talking about going to see animals and Kenna.  She was pretty excited.  When I got out a lunch bag and was asking Lindsay what she wanted for lunch, she looked a little confused.  She has never had a packed lunch, so this was something she had only seen me do in the morning with Eric.  She liked that she was a big girl and was getting a peanut butter sandwich of her very own.  The real excitement came when I put a Capri Sun in her bag too.  That was all she needed!  Its a good thing she was dressed and ready to go prior to making her lunch because after she saw the Capri Sun nothing else got thru to her.

I could barely get any other snacks in her bag because she was yanking it from my hands.  She wanted to be in charge of her lunch, but more importantly the Capri Sun.  I knew she liked the drink, she always saw Eric get one and she was not allowed, so this was her big moment!  I was able to get a picture of her with the drink since she wouldn't leave it in the bag.  I barely got it back in her bag when Kenna arrived.  That was all she needed.   The Capri Sun came out again for Kenna to see!  The funny thing about this was that Kenna had been having the same problem at her house earlier.  Her two year old was so excited that he got a Capri Sun too since usually they were for his sisters lunches and he never got one.

The report came back that both Lindsay and Porter downed their drinks first.  When I was asking Lindsay what she did that day, she was telling me about her Capri Sun.  It was a good thing Kenna was there to remind her about running with chicken and feeding goats.  My child must be completely deprived if her biggest thrill is a Capri Sun.  I guess we will go have lunch at the park once a week so she can get a thrill out of enjoying a Capri Sun.

It's all about the little things in life!

No comments: