Monday, May 3, 2010

I LOVE Lucy!

I'm always saying its about the little things in life.  One of my favorite things is being totally in charge of the dvr and the remotes!  While Justin is out of town I can record whatever I want and not be made fun of for watching some random stupid show.  We record the evening news daily, so I do get in my daily dose of ugly reality... mostly in fast forward, but I get the basic idea that the world is falling apart around me.  I don't need all the little details.

I was thrilled on Saturday to find that I Love Lucy was was having a 24 hour marathon!  The best part was being able to fast forward through all the commercials.  I haven't watched Lucy in such a long time.  It was great to see some of my favorite episodes, like where Lucy works at the chocolate factory, when Lucy has a baby and when Lucy orders a whole cow for her new freezer.  There are so many other good ones too!

While I was growing up we would always watch reruns of I Love Lucy.  It was really fun to see this show again and be reminded of my youth.  It was even a treat that Lindsay was entertained enough to watch the show with me.   She wasn't constantly nagging me about turning on Monsters, Nemo, Cars or any other animated flick that she likes to watch.

I didn't get thru the whole marathon yet, hopefully Justin loves Lucy too.

No comments: