Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Graduation Day!

Its fun to go to So Cal, Lindsay and I are like celebrities! Everyone wants to hang out with us. Ok, so they really want to see Lindsay and they get me by default, same difference.

Anyway, today was a busy day! We started off at President Avenue for Wyatt's culmination. He was very handsome in his suit and did a great job being one of the narrators. My favorite part was when it was time for Wyatt or his partner to speak and Wyatt hopped out of his chair and ran to get to the mic first. He was polite enough to check to make sure she was standing beside him before he started, what a gentleman! It just cracks me up that he was so excited for his part that he ran.

Holley had volunteered us to make 30 candy leis for the kids that were culminating. We (Holl, Merrill and myself) were up until about 2am wrapping up candy, mostly gumballs and tying them with ribbons. We pointed out all the lucky kids who got the leis we made. I think they turned out great! Not as good as the ones I made for Wyatt and he got his favorite candy (Reese's mini cups) in his. Congratulations Wyatt!

In the evening was Emma's graduation from South. I remembered a previous graduation, I think Victor's, and it was cold! So Lindsay and I got all bundled up and ready for winter. When we got there it was still really warm outside, but I was convinced that it was going to cool off. It never did, poor Lindsay was roasting!

They call all the graduates names as they walk in, so we had to hear well over 500 names before they ever reached the W's. I was so excited when it was finally Emma's turn and I yelled, "Yeah Emma!" I don't think she was very appreciative, she didn't even turn around (I was kind of waiting to get a death look). I'm sure she blushed, I'll take that as a thank you :) The rest of the graduation was blah. It would be great if someone really livened them up a bit. At least it was only an hour.

When we finally got to Emma, which is pretty difficult without cellphones, we leied her! She had 11 candy leis, which were lovely... I made them with help from my assistant Merrill. There was alot of gum and mints for when she went of to college, not because we were trying to give her a complex. She also got some sugar babies which were very fresh and yummy, fire balls and jr. mints. I think she will be set for at least the first week of school. Congratulations Emma! Enjoy your one day of summer.

I did find out later that Maddie culminated from Jr High yesterday. I was a little put out since I hadn't made her any leis. Merrill and I got some leis whipped up and dropped off to her before I left for Utah. Congratulations Madeline!

I must say that our leis were awesome! I saw some for sale at South, they were like $7 and not nearly as good. And yes, I'm totally biased.

Thank you Merrill for being my assistant!

No comments: