I have a limited amount of nice clothing that I will wear around the baby. I had a lovely pair of black dress pants that got spit up on the last time I wore them. I was reluctant to wash them, but I didn't want them to get stained and I haven't used any of the dry cleaning places around here yet.
I had run out of cute dress clothes and wanted to wear my black dress pants today. They needed to be ironed. I left myself plenty of time this morning to get myself together and to get my pants ironed before Justin and I had to leave for a meeting. I always forget that I have another person to get together and she takes twice as long, even though she is less than half my size!
Anyway, back to the whole reason for writing this. I hate ironing! This fact was reassured to me this morning while ironing. I was doing a pretty good job getting all the wrinkles out. And being a good multi-tasking mother, I was watching for the baby... she likes to pull and chew on cords. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying enough attention to myself and burned my arm! Holy toledo, it hurt! It still does and I'm sure it will for a while.
Four years ago, during one of the presidential debates, I cut my arm and had to get 6 stiches. Now I have this lovely burn, which I'm sure will scar. I'm afraid of what might happen to my arm in four years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Man, you should have showed us your battle wounds at dinner tonight. You were holding out on us!
Post a Comment