Being pregnant takes enough out of me, adding on homework and toddlers doesn't help. I start to feel very drained and pretty much useless. I don't think that makes me terribly effective as a parent. I always hope I am doing enough, making a difference in their lives and that at some point it will be noticed.
Today I was slightly reassured. After I sneezed Lindsay said, "Bless you mommy." I did tell her thank you, but I was completely shocked that she knew to say that and even at the right time! She has a habit of saying "damn it" every time something drops or goes wrong. So I'm glad to know that somewhere along the road she picked up some good manners too. I guess it really is the little things in life!
Maybe I'll feel better in 5 weeks and 2 days...






3 comments:
Yes ... I can so relate to what you are feeling. It is the little things, like kids actually going poo on the potty, and getting 100% on spelling tests. And then when they're 18, and making good choices- that's the icing on the cake that you NEVER thought would be frosted.
I'll be crossing my fingers for the both of us!
Love ya!
Love that little girl and glad to see my weekly count-down-texts have kept you up to date :)
That is so funny (and a "no, no") that Lindsay says that. ;)
Time flies right? So I guess we just do our best and compair ourselves to those horrible Mom's who leave their toddlers at home alone for a week while they go on a cruise! lol.
Post a Comment