All we heard before church today was: when were we going to look for the snowboard; what color could he get; and would it be cheaper to rent? I don't know how many times I personally answered all of these questions myself. Justin had his fair share was well, but he started it, so I felt he should have to feel the wrath! I know kids can ask questions and be really set on something, but Eric has a real knack for it.
On our way to church, which is only one mile, Eric had lots to say. I couldn't get there fast enough! He was repeating some answers he had been given by his dad, so we would all be well informed. It went something like this:
E: So my dad says that buying a board would be cheaper than renting since the board can go from me to Lindsay to Kourtney.
K: Yep, thats what I told you too.
E: Well that would be really good then. So can I get a black one? What kind of boots are we going to get?
K: Eric, I don't know. We have to check that out online later.
E: So when is Lindsay going to start snowboarding? Is she going to rent?
K: We will wait and see. She will probably rent until she grows into the board we are getting you.
E: So then she will use my board and then Kourtney can use the board after her?
K: Thats the plan.
E: Who is Kourtney?
All I could do was point to my belly. He was so fixated on the board he didn't care who was getting it after him. The conversation turned immediately from snowboards to baby names.
E: (with a shocked and disgusted look) Who chose the name Kourtney? Is that really the name?
K: Yes, your dad and I picked out the name. Is there some other name you like better?
E: Yes, Jasmine, Gianna... ok, maybe not Gianna. (names of girls from school)
We finally made it to the building! I didn't know any boy could get so much information out in such a short period of time.
So the name, as long as the baby is a girl, will be Kourtney Frances. I'm really liking it with a "K", but Justin is resisting. I'll take up this battle again after delivery when he claims he is more tired than me...






3 comments:
Hilarious. That is all I can say. Both Eric and Justin (at the end). I vote for the "K" too.
That was thoroughly entertaining, I actually felt like I was in the car with you! Kids crack me up!
PS - Men have no idea what having a baby is like, Brent was so "tired" after I stayed up all night in labor with Crew... poor guy had to go home to get a good nights rest!
That is hilarious! And I love Kourtney with a 'K'
Post a Comment