Today was our first official play date for Eric and MacKenzie! Kenna and I set it up for all four of her kids with Eric and Lindsay. I think Eric was a little nervous, he had to bring his rip stik and was showing off for the girls. The girls enjoyed watching him and kept asking if it was hard. Of course Eric told them it was really hard! You wouldn't know now, since Eric whizzes around on that thing with ease, but he used to cry and kick the rip stik around while he was learning to ride it.We got Eric from school and ran to the park, but Kenna and her bunch had been there for half an hour already! I am beginning to think my clocks run faster than everyone elses! I try to get places on time, but for some reason it just doesn't happen. I give myself plenty of time to get everyone together and out the door, then it all falls apart. Maybe I need to allot myself 15 minutes just to get Lindsay in the car... maybe thats the problem.
Everyone was having a great time. I got the camera out and was just starting to get some pictures, Lindsay was even posing on the jungle gym! Unfortunately, the fun ended sooner than we wanted. Porter needed to go potty and didn't make it! The park has no bathrooms, its only downfall, so they were going to his potty which was in the car. Since he is usually really good about making it Kenna doesn't bring him extra clothes. Our fun ended early, but we will have more play dates in the future... with the potty by the adults, no more sprinting to the car!
Eric and Lindsay had a great time and can't wait for our next date. I think there might be a little crush going on, but Eric would never admit it! I'm just glad he is having fun.









No comments:
Post a Comment