Justin made plans with a friend of ours to meet and going snowboarding for the weekend. As we were getting our things together this morning Justin said something about the weather. I hadn't bothered to check because I figured that he would and/ or Larry would. Boy was I wrong, I should always check myself! Justin taught me this at the beginning of our relationship, but I thought that meant with others, not each other. I thought I was being a good wife by getting Lindsay's and my stuff together and not worrying about all the extra stuff. I mean, hello, I'm married to a pilot. They do weather checks and flight plans, I just need to show up.
So as more time is passing and the news is on, thank you Justin, I hear a weather report. I was only half listening, so its a good thing I can rewind the TV! The newscaster said, "If you're heading to Tahoe leave as early as possible today, otherwise wait until tomorrow morning." There was going to be a storm and from the sounds of it, it was going to be a big one! I checked with Justin to make sure we really wanted to take his car. My truck isn't a big boy, but it should do better in the snow than his car. We took the car.
The drive up was nice, we got the good parking by the ski rental area and we were going to have a good day! Lindsay and I started out on the chairs outside. I was all set up and enjoying the fresh air and it started to mist snow. Ok, no biggie, I could totally handle this! As time goes on the flakes get bigger and bigger. I finally decided to go inside. I hadn't seen Justin in a while, so then I worried that something has happened. I know it hasn't, but if I'm prepared for the worst I think I can handle it better... or that's what I keep telling myself! Justin was fine. He had caught up with our friends and was on another part of the mountain. We found there was a better place to hang out, so Lindsay and I moved.
Anything on a normal day is fine and relatively easy. Add some snow and crazy comes out of nowhere! Lindsay doesn't like wind in her face, so snow was a real issue! She didn't want to walk because she couldn't hide her face. I couldn't carry her because, let's face it, I'm already carrying someone and bags. In the end she won or I would probably still be standing in the snow storm. We had lunch with the boys, watched the super snow fans continue to ski and snowboard in the bad weather and dreamed of a warm beach.
After a while the boys decided they would give it another shot and headed for the lifts. Lindsay and I had to find a new place to camp out since the restaurant didn't want us taking up a table and not order anything. We were able to find somewhere close, but we still had to go outside to get there, what a struggle! The rest of the afternoon was relatively peaceful. Lindsay must have had some inner demons because she was throwing salt in her mouth and over both shoulders... I think she got rid of them.


By the time we left the car was covered on snow! It didn't help that on the way out of the ski resort Larry, in the head car with 4 wheel drive, went the wrong way! He had no problem turning around in the drifts of snow, our little car got stuck. I was not pushing and with all the gentlemen around I didn't have to. They all jumped out of the lead car and got us out of the drift. This wasn't the last time they had to push our car, but I'm so glad they did it willingly and without complaint. I don't think I can say it enough, what gentlemen!
At the end of the day I'm glad we're all safe. The only place I like to be while its snowing is inside by a fire with something warm to drink. I will never take Justin's car into a snow storm again, I don't care how lightly he claims it will be snowing! He did mention this was the makes for a movie, stuck in a blizzard and having me go into labor. Its a good thing I have a month to go!






No comments:
Post a Comment