This is the last week of school and the busiest week yet, Eric has an activity everyday! Today was our Round Table Pizza day. The kids were taking the city bus to pizza and learning about a business. Since it was an early morning and we are afternoon class, we were not on time. Hubby woke me up at 8:40 and said its time to get Eric to school. I resisted and he got up instead. I decided to check the clock and then got up so I could inform him that school started at 8:15! What a way to start the week.
Eric was still sleeping! Hubby woke him and I told him to hurry and ge
t dressed so we could hopefully catch his class before they got to Round Table. I don't know what goes thru little boys minds and I probably don't want to, but I would love to know why they move so slowly and how they can drag anything way out. It took almost 20 minutes just to get him dressed. It started with, "Can I wear jeans?" and went downhill from there. As I was getting dressed Eric tells me that he wears size 7/8 pants. He doesn't wear size 6, they are to small. He doesn't like that the pant legs don't touch the floor. And the conversation continued:
K: Ok, wear the size 7's.
E: I don't have any in my drawer.
K: Wear something that is in your drawer, we need to hurry, we are already late.
E: But I only have size 6 and they are to small!
K: Then don't wear pants.
E: But I want to wear jeans.
K: We are late, we need to go. Go put some clothes on so we can leave.
E: Fine! But I wear size 7/8 and you need to take the small pants out of my drawer.
Thank you Mrs. James for teaching Eric his numbers! I didn't know at the time that it would come in handy so quickly.

Needless to say we made it to Round Table way early. The class walked to the bus stop and waited 20 minutes for the bus, so they were late getting to Round Table. The kids got to play with and keep some dough (I didn't get any photos since I had to run home for the baby) and put pepperoni on their pizza if they wanted. It was great trying to hand out pepperoni pizza to 40 kids and more than half said they wanted cheese. I found out later that they were all putting pepperoni on their pizza wether they wanted it or not, since that was the only topping they could put on. Eric loves pepperoni, so he was happy.
One of the teachers gave all of the kids Pepsi. I don't know about the other kids, but we don't allow Eric to drink caffinated beverages. As soon as I returned with the baby he promptly told me that he had coke. I told him that we don't drink coke. He knew that and he told the teacher that too, but everyone was getting Pepsi. He asked for Root Beer, which I was very happy to get for him. That started a mini riot and all the kids around Eric now wanted Root Beer. Aren't kids fun.
My favorite part of the day was the walk back to school. We live one mile from school and walk there once a day, Round Table was
further. Eric decided that he wanted to walk to school with his class. On the way he asked the teacher if she could walk him home, since it was closer than school (and totally out of the way). Its a good thing she is amused by these kids. I drove to school and waited. And waited and waited and waited. I finally drove to see where they were. They were half way to school and most of the kids were dragging. One of the teacher had tripped and fallen on a little boy, both survived without major injury. Eric still wanted to walk. When they got to school I asked Eric where his dough was. He had given his to another kid in class. I looked at all the kids and only one girl had her dough ball. The rest had slowly lost theirs on the walk home... I'm sure they made some animal happy!
Eric was still sleeping! Hubby woke him and I told him to hurry and ge
t dressed so we could hopefully catch his class before they got to Round Table. I don't know what goes thru little boys minds and I probably don't want to, but I would love to know why they move so slowly and how they can drag anything way out. It took almost 20 minutes just to get him dressed. It started with, "Can I wear jeans?" and went downhill from there. As I was getting dressed Eric tells me that he wears size 7/8 pants. He doesn't wear size 6, they are to small. He doesn't like that the pant legs don't touch the floor. And the conversation continued:K: Ok, wear the size 7's.
E: I don't have any in my drawer.
K: Wear something that is in your drawer, we need to hurry, we are already late.
E: But I only have size 6 and they are to small!
K: Then don't wear pants.
E: But I want to wear jeans.
K: We are late, we need to go. Go put some clothes on so we can leave.
E: Fine! But I wear size 7/8 and you need to take the small pants out of my drawer.
Thank you Mrs. James for teaching Eric his numbers! I didn't know at the time that it would come in handy so quickly.

Needless to say we made it to Round Table way early. The class walked to the bus stop and waited 20 minutes for the bus, so they were late getting to Round Table. The kids got to play with and keep some dough (I didn't get any photos since I had to run home for the baby) and put pepperoni on their pizza if they wanted. It was great trying to hand out pepperoni pizza to 40 kids and more than half said they wanted cheese. I found out later that they were all putting pepperoni on their pizza wether they wanted it or not, since that was the only topping they could put on. Eric loves pepperoni, so he was happy.
One of the teachers gave all of the kids Pepsi. I don't know about the other kids, but we don't allow Eric to drink caffinated beverages. As soon as I returned with the baby he promptly told me that he had coke. I told him that we don't drink coke. He knew that and he told the teacher that too, but everyone was getting Pepsi. He asked for Root Beer, which I was very happy to get for him. That started a mini riot and all the kids around Eric now wanted Root Beer. Aren't kids fun.
My favorite part of the day was the walk back to school. We live one mile from school and walk there once a day, Round Table was
further. Eric decided that he wanted to walk to school with his class. On the way he asked the teacher if she could walk him home, since it was closer than school (and totally out of the way). Its a good thing she is amused by these kids. I drove to school and waited. And waited and waited and waited. I finally drove to see where they were. They were half way to school and most of the kids were dragging. One of the teacher had tripped and fallen on a little boy, both survived without major injury. Eric still wanted to walk. When they got to school I asked Eric where his dough was. He had given his to another kid in class. I looked at all the kids and only one girl had her dough ball. The rest had slowly lost theirs on the walk home... I'm sure they made some animal happy!





No comments:
Post a Comment