Monday, August 25, 2008

All thats left

Eric had a big cheesy grin when I got to school to pick him up. I was expecting the worst since I forgot to bring his scooter, which usually causes a slight meltdown. He kept smiling at me, so I figured something was going on. I asked him how his day was and he said, "I knew you wouldn't notice!" Okay. I hadn't seen Eric for two days, so I did a quick scan. His hair looked the same, no new tattoos or shoes. I was pretty much stumped.

He showed me that his other top tooth was gone! Hey, pretty cool! Then I asked how it fell out... I would have never guessed, during a tether ball match. He was very proud. He said that he cried because it hurt, but not for to long. He was given a tooth key chain, that was also a holder, to carry his tooth in.

Like most kids, Eric has a mind of his own. He knows all, he knows best and he is always right. I wish I was as smart as a first grader! I told him several times to keep his tooth in the holder, in his pocket. For some reason, every time I saw Eric he was playing with his tooth. I continued to remind him to keep it in the holder so it didn't get lost, since we almost lost another tooth due to him playing with it.

Eric went to the neighbors house to play. I suggested he leave his tooth at home so it didn't get lost, but he wanted to show it to the neighbor. After playtime I asked Eric for the tooth. I wanted to take a picture of it to send to Justin. He handed me the key chain and when I opened it, it was empty! Surprise, surprise! The tooth was lost it at the neighbors!

We went next door and looked for it, but didn't have any luck. Eric was sad. All that is left is the tooth key chain. I wonder if the tooth fairy pays for missing teeth?

No comments: