Saturday, July 10, 2010

New site

They were really thrilled
Check out from the campsite was noon.  Time sure flies when you're tired!  We weren't completely packed when a ranger rode his bike over to see if were leaving.  The lady from the night before said to hang out and wait for them to kick us out, that way we might be able to stay another night.  Justin wanted to drive around and find a new campsite... I could see where this was going!

It was about this time a beautiful white truck pulled alongside ours, they were visiting our neighbors.  I asked the gentleman if he liked his truck and things went from there.  He grew up in the same town as Gordon.  They knew the same people, but not each other.  Justin talked to him for quite a while, I was cleaning up camp.  More "fun" for me!
Grill Master

As luck would have it, things actually worked out well because our new friend, Rich, invited us to camp on his site for the evening!  This was great news!  I wasn't looking forward to another day in the car driving to yonder for a place to sleep. Rich's camp was two miles down the road.  It ended up being way quieter at his camp.  It wasn't right next to the beach like ours was, but a quiet night for sleeping is far more important.

Grill Trainee
Rich had us follow him over to his site and then helped us set up the tent.  What a guy!  We got some tacos and headed to the beach.  Lindsay and Courtney were napping so Justin and Eric got out to play in the sand.  When nap time was over, we all went down to the beach.  Lindsay loves to play in the sand.  She can sit and let the sand run through her fingers for hours.  It helped that there was rocks on the beach, another favorite of Lindsay's.

When it was time to go I could hardly get Lindsay to the car because her arms were so full of rocks.  She kept dropping them and stopping to pick them up.  At one point she even had one shoved in her mouth!  I gathered her rocks and carried them for her so she could walk faster, but this only freed up her arms to collect more.  It was a long walk!

Justin cooked up a delicious dinner, followed by smores... what a great evening!  Even better was taking the kids to shower!  It had been two long days, who knows how much dirt they were carrying around.  I saw that it was a quarter for a 2 minute shower.  Eric and Lindsay were ready.  I told them the plan and we executed it well.  I was so proud that we were able to get them fully bathed in two minutes!  It wasn't until after they showered we were told the showers no longer require money.

Nice.. I still claim I got them bathed in two minutes!
Yummy dinner!

Poor baby got sunburned!
Having fun!
Before bath time... yuck!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Lol. You guys are so funny. I would love to camp with you.