Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sorbet!

I was left with massive amounts of food, especially fruit when Justin left for his trip.  Don't get me wrong I love fruit and am very grateful for it, but not when thats all I can eat.  All this fruit will go bad if I don't get it eaten and I have other things in the fridge to eat too.  I'm stuffed!

I had a cantaloupe, a pineapple and some bad bananas.  It is way to hot to think about turning on the oven, so banana bread was out.  An idea came to me suddenly, sorbet!  Make it, freeze it and it won't go bad.  Brilliant and yummy!  After a few internet searches I had some recipes and I was off.

Cantaloupe sorbet is awesome!!  I will definitely make this again, probably right after Justin comes home since there won't be any left for him to try.  Banana is fine.  You really have to like banana.  I think I will try making a banana split type dessert and see how that comes out.  It was suggested to use hot fudge and nuts, that would probably help... it has a strong banana flavor.

I ran out of time and ice, so the pineapple will have to wait until tomorrow.  My mom even suggested I make lemon sorbet with all the lemons I brought home from her house.  That might be really good too!  Anything to help beat the heat.

Potty training is continuing to go well.  I actually put bottoms on Lindsay today to see if she could still get to the bathroom in time without having an accident.  She didn't.  I don't know if it was due to the bottoms or some other excitement going on around her.  She didn't have any other accidents after we got her clean bottoms on.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!  Go Lindsay, you amaze me!  You can have all the otter pops you want!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

watermelon sorbet, pineapple sorbet, mango sorbet! Yummy!