I strive to teach the kids manners, for the most part its working. Eric needs a few reminders here and there, but what child doesn't. Lindsay listens, she doesn't always follow directions, but she listens. Courtney is off the hook for the time being. Her turn is coming quicker than I care to think about. My baby is too big!!
Today it was very apparent that even though I have to constantly tell Lindsay the same thing over and over, she does hear me. I'm glad that she isn't drowning my voice out, but I would really appreciate it if she would start following directions! I get really frustrated having to drag her little butt to do what I've asked her to do. I have bribed, intimidated, talked, yelled and it doesn't seem to matter. Lindsay does what Lindsay wants.
While I was outside enjoying some sunshine (it wasn't blazing hot), Lindsay decided to join me. She brought out a container of grapes with her. She started feeding me grapes, I thought this was great! After the first grape I was asked, "What do you need to tell Lindsay?"
I said, "Oh, thank you Lindsay!"
She replied, "Your welcome Mommy!"
I thought, she does listen to me! Apparently very well. As she continued feeding me grapes she would wait for me to say thank you before giving me another one. If I didn't say something quick enough, she would be quick to remind me, "What do you need to tell Lindsay?" or "I didn't hear you mommy." Little Miss Manners listens! Not only does she listen, she parrots it all back to me. I better be careful it what I say around her, it could be repeated to anyone, anywhere!
On a different note, I learned that Clifford's voice is John Ritter. I thought thats who it was, but I finally saw it on the credits today. I knew that voice was familiar!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I love hearing my kids repeat things like that. Cracks me up.
Post a Comment